UK Sports Info
In this edition of School of Thought I smack Doug Gottlieb, look at yesterday’s game v. LSU and suggest a limit on the depressing abandoned animal spots. I’ll go ahead and give you a heads up that this is an eclectic installment of S.O.T, so don’t complain that every point isn’t about UK (I’m looking at you Walt12@…..), Let’s do this:
- I read a piece from Seth Davis of SI recently where he talked about a Memo sent out to officials from John Adams. Adams is the National Coordinator of Officials for Men’s BB and he urged officials to enforce sportsmanship rules more strictly — A.K.A call more T’s for minor trash talk and taunting. My question: Does anyone care if a guy stares at a player he just dunked on? I don’t. Here’s some advice for officials…..quit being terrible at your job — how’s that for a point of emphasis.
- Hopefully after Saturday’s performance the lowest common denominator UK fans will quit being miserable and buck up….or shut up, either one.
- Speaking of Saturday’s game, hopefully it’ll takes some of the heat off of Terrence Jones. It was obviously his best game of the season and something to build off of going into the back half of the SEC slate.
- Random Thought: There’s gotta be a max of one sad animal commercial per 3o minute TV show. I feel like slitting my wrists if I see too many of those in short succession.
- When that bum from LSU attacked Davis from behind yesterday I was heated, like I assume most UK fans were. With that said, it was also hilarious. The guy looked like a robot bb player sent from the future to kill AD with his arms straight up in the air. It was funny to me at least.
- Random Thought: The goalie from the Bruins who didn’t go to the White House with his team because he’s a Republican is an embarrassment. The team is going to the White House to see the President, unless you’re the rare combination of terrorist/hockey goalie you show up. Period.
- I said it before but it’s worth saying again — the “get tough” blueprint for beating UK was overrated and the LSU game is just more evidence to that point. Only a few teams have the personnel to utilize that strategy with any success and even then it’s far from a blueprint.
- Doug Gottlieb is possibly the most annoying analyst working college BB today (Dykes notwithstanding). He’s arrogant, condescending and dismissive which are all things that wouldn’t bother me if he wasn’t wrong all the time. Let’s review, his preseason pick for best team in CBB was Uconn — they’re terrible. He continues to say that UK isn’t the runaway best team in the SEC — that’s laughable. He once said, and I quote, “John Wall will not attend UK, bottom line. Period” — we know how that turned out. I could go on but I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know, Doug Gottlieb is Skip Bayless with a bit of style. You’d think he would have been humbled by now but he’s only grown more cocky with each prediction that fails to materialize, the guy is a piece of work.
That’s it for tonight, catch you next week.
You can contact Dustin at firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter @DustinUK